How to get duplicate registration certificate
In case, the owner of the vehicle wants a duplicate registration certificate due to the loss or damage to the original registration certificate, there is facility provided by the government to do so.
Procedure to obtain the duplicate registration certificate
- The first step in obtaining the duplicate registration certificate of the motor vehicle is to report the loss or damage of the original certificate to the police in the area where the loss or damage to the RC happened.
- The form required to apply for a duplicate registration certificate is Form 26. Take a print out of the same and fill the details asked in the form.
- Make any pending payments that you have to make as per Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989.
- Submit the following documents to obtain the duplicate registration certificate for your motor vehicle:
- The application to issue the duplicate registration certificate or Form 26.
- Police certificate from the police department in the area where the loss or damage to the original RC happened.
- Certificate which states that the vehicle in question emits pollution that is under control.
- A certificate which states the insurance of the vehicle.
- A document which acts as proof of address for the owner of the motor vehicle in question.
- If the motor vehicle is commercial, a challan clearance from the traffic police and Enforcement Transport Wing is also required.
- For commercial motor vehicles, a document stating tax clearance is also required.
- PAN card of the owner of the motor vehicle or Form 60 and Form 61.
- A print of the engine chassis and engine pencil of the motor vehicle is also required.
- The motor vehicle owner’s signature identification is to be provided as well.
- The owner of the motor vehicle has to also produce an affidavit which states that the original registration certificate is lost.